Wednesday 25 May 2016

100 WC Week 19

Birthday

"Happy birthday!" My daughter says to me.
Thank you, Angie, now go light the candles." I respond.
Seeing my family happy made it even harder to confess the news.
"I've been told I am supposed to die today." I say in distress.
"Well, blow out your candles. At least we can spend your birthday together." My son, Michael, said to me.
I watch as the flame flickered and then it went out, then I say my goodbyes. 
"I love you." I say
"We love you, too." My husband says, then my heartbeat stops.

5 comments:

  1. Your missing a quotation mark at the beginning of thank you in your third sentence second line. I like the plot twist off your story, it's like your tricking the reader into thinking it's going to be a happy story and then bam bye bye to the mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really get the ending why was the mom committing suicide?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not. She was supposed to die on her birthday so the hospital let her spend her last birthday at home with her family.

      Delete
  3. I am a little confused. you said that you had been diagnosed with cancer but it's your birthday. are you at your house or at the hospital when they find out. Because when you say you close your eyes where are you when they find out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your story is a little confusing, since if it were the day she was supposed to die the hospital wouldn't let her go home for it. And I don't get how she could just close her eyes and die. But other than that good story!

    ReplyDelete